A Day In My Life 1/18/23

Hey guys! It’s time for another Day in My Life posts, and this time I’m going to be recapping my first day of being at a university! It was a pretty big day for me, and a loooong one for that matter. I’m currently enrolled at UTSA, or the University of Texas at San Antonio, studying computer science and writing. An odd combo, I know, but I like both! Being at a university is wildly different than being at a community college (I was originally going to Northwest Vista Community College), so it’ll take some getting used to, for sure! But anyway, let’s get into how this day went…

I woke up at 6:30AM, which it wasn’t so bad this time around (probably because a nightmare woke me up and I wouldn’t have been able to go back to sleep anyway, haha!). I made my bed and that kind of stuff, then sat down to do some journaling and have my Bible time. I journaled a little in the fall semester, and I found that it did help my mental health a lot to get all of my feelings on paper. Also, praying about it afterwards is also helpful, since I’m bringing all those thoughts and feelings to God! As for reading the Bible, I’m currently going through Proverbs, and I’m liking it so far! I’m really getting into studying it on a deeper level so I understand it better!

Also, I got these butterfly lights for Christmas and I finally got them hung on the wall. I love them!


After my Bible time, I got ready for school. My first class starts at 10AM, and UTSA if a little hard to get to with the San Antonio traffic, so I have to leave at 8:30AM. My dad actually had some stuff to do at his UTSA office, so we both went down there. The first thing that surprised me was how crowded it was! At NVC, there really wasn’t that many people. But at UTSA, there’s a TON! I was a little nervous, but I made my way to the roadrunner statue to complete one of UTSA’s many traditions. When it’s your first day of UTSA, you’re supposed to touch the front foot of the statue (and on your last day before graduation you touch the back foot). I got a picture of him, too!

Rowdy Roadrunner!

With that done, I took to finding my first class, which was Data Structures. I also have lab for this class, but we aren’t meeting for that this week. I also wasn’t expecting for the classroom to be so small, but it was! It was a pretty cool class, too, but it’ll take some brain power…

After this class, I got coffee at Starbucks as a little celebration for making it to a university (also, I had a gift card from my birthday, haha!). I was a little overwhelmed by the noise and the amount of people, so I went in search of the library. I found it, and I wasn’t prepared for how giant this place is. The shelves were much taller than me, and every time I thought the room would end, it just kept going on!

UTSA Peace Library

I hid in one of the aisles and ate my lunch, did some studying, and just chilled for a minute. It was getting close to my next class, and I needed to charge my laptop, so I went in search of an outlet. Problem: I got lost in the freaking library. Never though I’d find myself in that situation, but yeah, that happened. I finally found my way out after I charged my laptop for a bit and read my current read, which is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.

Next problem: I had no idea where my next class was. The building name on my registration page was not the same name as the building I was supposed to be in, but luckily, I ran into one of my coworkers who also goes to UTSA and she was able to point me in the right directions (thanks Kat!). This was my History of the English Language class, and I think I’m really going to love it! We’re going to be studying things like Shakespeare, so that’s right up my alley! Also, here’s a picture of a little bit of the classroom, because this is the biggest one I have:

English History Class!

I’m supposed to have this special binder for class, and I was told I would need to go to the UPS store on campus to get it, but it took me FOREVER to find the place. And by the time I did, I was too tired to talk to anyone or lug another book around, so I decided to go back on Thursday before the class met again. With that, I explored a little of the campus. I think one of the highlights was finding a big, gorgeous grand piano! I wish I had a picture of it, but people were practicing on it.

I was getting pretty tired, so after I tracked down my last class of the day (Calculus), I sat on a bench and read while I waited for it to start. It was turning out to be a beautiful evening, so I wished I could sit out there longer, but oh well! I got to Calc class only to find that the classroom was pretty small, and there wasn’t really any boards on the wall to write on. My professor didn’t like that, so we got to move to a bigger room with blackboards. I really like his teaching style, so it wasn’t so bad to sit there for as long as we did.

Finally, it was time to go home! I didn’t really do much at home before bed, aside from devotions and working on my WIP. I got this Little Women devotional that’s pretty cute, so I did the first day of that. I liked it! Before bed, I sat down to work on my book. I’m on the fifth draft now, and I’m doing a hardcopy edit. I’ll talk more about that in my next Writing Updates!

At last, bedtime. After the long winter break, I’m used to going to bed past midnight, so I probably should have started fixing my sleep schedule ahead of time since I toss and turn for an hour before actually falling asleep now that I go to bed much earlier (10:30PM). Plus, I don’t get good sleep for some reason. I guess eventually my brain will learn the new schedule!

That’s pretty much it! It felt like a long day, but it was a good one! What about your day? Let me know how things have been for you in the comments below!

And as always, God bless y’all and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s